Skip to main content

                                       Begin Again 

“Don’t let me down” by Beatles is the song I am listening to as I start this blog. The song kind of suits the situation as I am starting something  (blogging) and desperately hoping that I don’t give it up. I must mention that since I was in sixth standard I have started so many journals and diaries. Each time committing myself to write regularly. Each time I failed! Lack of consistency has been one of the most consistent things about me. Other is procrastination. There are several other “qualities”. Ok! Before this  becomes a self-pitying and self-deprecating note let me tell you something  about myself and my blog.



            I am not a writer. But, of late, I have been wanting to explore this particular domain. I mostly keep quiet (at least I would like to believe so). I am more of a listener and observer. As a result many thoughts come to my mind. Here is an example; Only if Madhuri Dixit was born at least 15 years later she would’ve been much bigger star than she already is! ( yeah! Big Madhuri fan).       So, this blog is going to be a repository of such (not necessarily insights on Bollywood)  random, weird and hopefully interesting thoughts of mine which would’ve otherwise remained unexpressed. This blog is also my attempt at being funny, thoughtful, relatable, mature, articulate, honest, expressive, unapologetic and many more things. And most importantly, this is an attempt at self-love (in some strange way).  Fingers crossed!!

P.S. :- I don’t care about the viewership it gets. My genius will be appreciated by next generations!! ( Whoah ….presumptuous me!!😄)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 NUREMBERG TRIALS 1945. The World War II was over. The Allies (USA, USSR and UK) had defeated the Axis powers (Germany, Italy and Japan). Unprecedented destruction wreaked by ‘Little Boy’ and ‘Fat Man’ in Hiroshima and Nagasaki confirmed the results of the war in favour of the Allied beyond any doubt. Hitler, who once marshalled a thoroughly defeated Germany, in body and spirit, to a formidable empire, could see no further recourse and hence committed suicide. Some of his followers followed the suit. But many of the high officials of the Nazi Party were captured and put in a prison at Nuremberg, Germany. They were to be tried before a court. Thus came Nuremberg trials. Just Shoot Them! Why not just shoot them! This thought came to many at that time. It might even resonate with many of you too. The sentiment (of shooting away) can even intensify knowing that chief among those who were captured was Hermann Göring, the Reichsmarschall (highest ranking military title in Nazi Germany),...
वर्चस्व  यह कहानी मेरे परनाना की है जो मुझे मेरे मामाजी ने सुनाई थी। मेरे परनाना किसी मलहट्टे (मवेशी हाट) से दो बैल ले आए। दोनों बैल भले बहुत ऊंचे कद के नहीं थे लेकिन बिल्कुल छरहरे और गठीले थे। परनाना उन्हें लेकर सुबह सुबह खेत जोतने निकल जाते थे और सीधे तीसरे पहर लौटते। बाकी किसानों के बैल जितने समय में दो कट्ठा जोतते, उतने समय में ये दो बैल चार कट्ठा बिना कोई ऊंह आह किए जोत लेते। परनाना को दोनों बैलों पर बहुत गर्व था।            हमारा गांव यादवों का था। बगल का गांव चौधरियों का था। उनमें से एक थे तेजू चौधरी। बहुत बड़े जमींदार थे। उनके नाम से आस पास के गांव में भी चौधरियों का वर्चस्व छाया हुआ था। तेजू चौधरी के लड़के की शादी हो रही थी। बारात करीब पंद्रह कोस दूर एक गांव जानेवाले थी। उन दिनों लोग बैलगाड़ियों से ही बारात जाते थे। बड़े आदमी की बारात थी। करीब पैंतीस चालीस बैलगाड़ियां जा रही थी। उनमें से एक बैलगाड़ी हमारे परनाना हाँक रहे थे, जिसे उनके ही पुत्ररत्न समान दो बैल खींच रहे थे।      बैलगाड़ियों की कतार में काफी पीछे थी हमारे परनाना ...
MOVE 78 ‘Go’ is an ancient Chinese board game. It is similar to game of Chess in that it is played by two players at a time and it too requires intelligence, and intelligence alone. However, Go is much more complicated than chess. It is not so because of some weird set of rules or conditions. Rather the rules and objective of this game are very simple. Google it. The number of possible board configurations in Go is more than number of atoms present in the universe. No game of Go has been played twice, ever!          In March 2016, the then World Go Champion Lee Sedol (holder of 18 world titles) was about to play against an opponent like never before: a computer, powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) named AlphaGo. Lee was confident of defeating AlphaGo in all five games that were to be played. Reason behind his confidence was the fact that the game of Go at its highest level requires  creativity and intuition. How can a computer be creative and how can it...